Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Antike German Woden Propeller

Hallo to All Forum users
    Iam a new Member in the Forum and are in Possion of an old Wooden Airkraft Propeller made between 1910 - 1914, before the German Airforce got off ground.
    I got this Information from the Historiker of the Berliner Luftwaffen Museums in Berlin Gatow, as to his Knowlage it could probely belong to a „Tauben“ Typ Flugzeug, siehe Fotos, mit Benz 6 Zylindermotor. The same Typ of Propeller is hanging in the Museum of the Bundesluftwaffen Museum in Berlin Gatow, see Foto. The Propeller has 6 holes in the bracket and a wall Bracket, and Several markings on the mount it has been repaired at the tips and is made of Mahagoni see Fotos.

*Down below the German Text*

(Original Flugzeugpropeller aus der Entstehungszeit der Deutschen Luftwaffe Bauj. Ca. 1910 –1914. Nach Auskunft vom Historiker des Berliner Luftwaffen Museums in Berlin Gatow, höchstwahrscheinlich von einem „Tauben“ Typ Flugzeug, siehe Fotos, mit Benz 6 Zylindermotor.
    Der gleiche Typ Propeller hängt im Bundesluftwaffen Museum in Berlin Gatow, siehe Foto.
    Der Propeller hat diverse Prüfzeichen sie Fotoaufstellung.
    Der Propeller ist aus Hartholz und wurde an den Spitzen ausgebessert
    Er hat ein Wandhalterung mit Grundplatte zur Wandbefestigung und zentralen Bolzenwelle).

As I would like to Know for what TyP of Airplane it was made for, and what it could be worth, its been with my for way over 35 years.

As I have been ask if I would sell it, I would need to what it could be worth.

So for now all the best greeting to all and with the hope you could help,
    Best Regards from

John Forster (redhat)
    Attached Files

Guten Abend Rothut,

Please tell me what the data on the hub is or post a better photograph.

Particularly what is the power of the Benz? I expect it might be 115ps but the light flash hides it.

After D270 comes St and the pitch; what is this number?

Your prop dates from 1912-1915 and was made by Reschke.
    The Benz engine was widely used for things like the Albatros B1, the LVG B1 and various Tauben.

mit freundliche Grüssen,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
    X