Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Needed!!!

Hello,

My possible FUTURE father in-law asked me to find out some information on an old wooden propeller that he owns. He knows nothing about the item so he put me on the case. Unfortunately, I have found little information on his propeller. I even used this website's identification guidelines and was unsuccessful. So if anyone on this message board could offer some advice I would be greatly appreciated. I could really use the brownie points!!

The propeller is approximately 8 feet long.
    The wood is light in color.
    Each edge of each blade is covered with a brass coating.
    There are 6 bolt holes. There appears to be a additional 6 bolt holes that were filled in or covered up.
    There are no manufacturing name on the propeller.
    The only design numbers are; sequences of “139”, “315”,“25” the individual numbers of 1 and 2.
    The letter R is located on each blade. It seems to be painted on not stamped or engraved into the wood.
    A small piece of the blade appeared to have be cut out and then refilled with a different color/type wood.

Thanks for the Help!

Will post Pictures soon!! Still new to message board!!!

Pictures!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I think it's a modern style propeller. (Can you post a picture of the entire prop to show its general geometry?) It looks like it was initially an 8 hole hub that was converted to 6 holes with the same diameter bolt hole circle.

I think it's going to be difficult to identify it with any accuracy. My guess is that the manufacturer's decals were removed and the propeller was revarnished. The stamped numbers don't give an obvious clue to its use.

Comment

Working...
      X