curtiss wright JN-4 prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curtiss wright JN-4 prop

Hi, I am trying to identify a possible "Jenny" propeller. It has a stamp on the back that is worn, in part it has Curtiss Wright and ? City Iowa on it. The prop is only about 5'10'' and resembles the "tooth pick" style. Also suspicious is that the hub has only one center hole and two bolt holes, while the pitch is very flat with a total thickness of less than 2 inches. I will try to get a picture posted. I am fishing for information and looking for a source to identify the stamp on the back. Thank you for any help! Jeff

I believe you'll find that this isn't a prop for an airplane. Perhaps it's a fan blade of some sort.

Lamar

Comment

Solved

Thanks for your input. I discovered that this 6 foot fan blade was a early 1900's Winco Wincharger wind mill that was used to charge a battery and power household lights. It is for sale at an antique store as a Curtiss Wright JN-4 toothpick prop. This is a great website, thank you. Jeff Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by jeff alexander View Post
        It is for sale at an antique store as a Curtiss Wright JN-4 toothpick prop.
        Yes, these antique store props were often once owned by the Wright brothers, the Red Baron, and Charles Lindbergh as well.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X