would like to know history and value on a propeller I friend wants to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would like to know history and value on a propeller I friend wants to sell

I have the option to buy a wood propeller. It is 98 inches long. All wood. The seller thinks it is off of a P19. It is in new condition and probably never been on a plane. It is stamped Plane S4C Part # 13331 It also looks like it is stamped Le Rhone And is stamped B.A.P or B.A. B. If anyone has information on this propeller or have and idea of its value I would appreciate your help. Thanks

The S4C was a Thomas Morse Scout, typically fitted with a LeRhone engine, and 98" is the correct diameter. "B.A.P." is the Bureau of Aircraft Production.

Does it look like this? Or this? Or even this?

It should have decals on it, so if it looks "like new" I'd be inherently suspicious that it may have been refinished.
    Dave

Comment

Dave, Thanks for the info. It looks similar to the first photo. The story I'm told is it came from Purdue university and was purchased at auction when the p19's were phased out. It is laminated and has lighter and darker wood. It looks new and it doesn't have decals so I bet it was refinished. I have photos. I'll try and get someone to attach them tomorrow. Do you have a ballpark figure on it's value.

Thanks

Comment

Value is heavily weighted on condition. See "valuation guidelines".
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X