4 bladed propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 bladed propeller

My boss at work has an old 4 bleded propeller. It was on the wall at an Appleby's restaurant in the Knollwood Mall in St. Louis Park Mn. It hung on that wall for many years. They have redesigned and took the propeller down. My boss purchased it from them for $15.00. He is interested in finding out the type of plane it was used on and the year thr propeller was made. On the propeller is printed " Fahlin Propellers, Nicholas-Beasley Airplane Co. Inc. ". It is made of wood and is 48 inches long. On 2 of the blades there is a decale in what appears to be blue and green that says Fahlin. There is also stamped into the wood the numbers ( BH132 ). I'm not sure how many bolt holes there are in it, but 4 of the bolts are still in the prop. The hub shows wear so it definitely was used on a plane, That's about all the info I have right now. I know that Fahlin was a famous propeller maker and that he is now deceased. Could this 4 bladder have been used on a British fighter? Any info that anyone can give me will be very greatly apprciated.

Thanks so much
    Frank Flugaur

My E-Mail is walkertonk@yahoo.com[/u][/b]

Nicholas Beazley was like a Sears-Roebuck for aviation, and Fahlin was likelyone of the suppliers of parts. It's not likely to be a British propeller, and may very well be a "test club", used to run engines on the ground for testing.

The test clubs I've seen have a constant blade angle, unlike most propellers which have a higher angle near the hub which lessens as you get further out the blade.

Comment

Working...
    X