Fahlin propeller for Le Rhone 80 hp engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahlin propeller for Le Rhone 80 hp engine

This was originally posted in the "Early Wooden Propellers" section, but I got educated fast. The markings near the hub are:

LE RHONE.
    HP - 80.
    RPM - 1200.

And the measurements are:
    Bolt circle diameter approx 4-3/4"
    Bolt diameter approx 3/8"
    Hub thickness 4"
    Hub diameter approx 2-3/8"
    Length 98-1/4"
    Weight 22 lbs
    Decals for Fahlin Propellers (see photos)

This propeller was claimed to have come from the same airplane as a 1918 Vickers 11mm balloon buster machine gun, which came into my possession at the same time, and was erroneously claimed to have come from a Sopwith Camel!. I don't believe the propeller is from the same period, of course, and must be far more recent.

That said, I am now offering this mysterious propeller for sale.

Don
    Attached Files

It certainly looks like nice workmanship on what I presume to be a replica propeller. Fahlin has been through a number of ownership changes, and the most recent owner of the type certificates is Mike Redpath, who might know something about this one. I'll try to dig up his email address and send it to you with a Private Message.

I would also consider registering on www.theaerodrome.com and posting its availability there. There may very well be someone with a LeRhone engine looking for just such a propeller for one of the many replica aircraft.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X