Signal Corps propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Corps propeller

I am trying to find out more information on an early wooden, 8 bolt hub propeller, that is 101" long with brass/copper? tips. It is stamped on the bottom of the hub SC28757. From reading on this web site, I am understanding that this was used by the signal corps.

This propeller was re-purposed in the 1940's? by the Lone Star Beer company as a neon sign with a patriotic theme. It was recently sold at the auction of the famous "Threadgill's" restaurant Texas beer memorabilia collection. Although the Lone Star beer company did also use small porcelain shield signs that they added to a few surplus propellers in similar patriotic war effort advertising fashion, this is the only authentic one with old original neon signage that is known. It originally came out of a small town bar in the tiny town of Zorn, Texas. It is an old piece with early authentic neon tubing that has not been added in modern times.

Would appreciate it if anyone can add anything to these small bits of history. I can provide a photo if the link does not direct correctly.
    http://www.icollector.com/Lone-Star-...Sign_i21281013

Unfortunately, the Signal Corps number doesn't seem to ever help with identification, as there are no records linking those numbers to anything specific. It's a very high number, suggesting manufacture well after WW1.

Without drawing numbers, specific identification is nearly impossible. If you can inspect it closely, look for those numbers. Also, you might be able to eliminate a number of engine possibilities by the method outlined in this llink.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X