X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Help Needed

Hi have a 69" 6 hole wooden propeller.

The numbers are CW 351 376

Having trouble locating any information.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Is there a manufacturer's name stamped into the wood or perhaps on a decal? I don't recognize that format for design numbers.

Such a small diameter, it may be prop for an ultralight.

Lamar

Comment

Identification Help Needed

So old there is no decal and the only numbers are the ones listed. The propeller has metal on the edges with rivets. I will try and get someone to help me post a picture in the next couple of days. The numbers are very confusing to me too, as I have checked most Modern Wooden Propeller cites.

Thanks, Mickey

Comment

Most propellers built after WW1 had decals, so when they're not there it's mostly likely that they've been removed. A propeller that size, with a 6 hole hub, and metal sheathing was almost certainly manufactured well after WW1.

It may not even be an aircraft propeller, from the description provided to this point.
        Dave

Comment

Identification Help Needed

Just found another set of numbers on the other side. I am going to be very careful and see if some stain remover might help me to read them. The numbers are etched in wood, not a decal, and the newest numbers seem to be the same as mentioned above, but this time they appear to end with a 46.

Thanks for your advise.

I will research and post again tomorrow. Removing the old stain makes me nervous as I do not want to wreck the wood.

Mickey

Comment

Found the word Fahlin engraved along with some other hard to read numbers, HP 50 NO 109992 BP 2300 381 and a 376, perhaps a 46 but I am not sure.

Any ideas?

Mickey

Comment

Working...
            X