Garuda and Heine propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anker Propeller new Fotos

Hello Bob attached pictures and new information about the anker propeller. It has a length of 2.50 meters, the hub is 20 cm wide 12 deep us. I can not find a Mercedes logo. Could be the propeller from another engine ? I wanted to restore it and possibly buy decals in wingnut Wings
    best regards Thomas
    Attached Files

Comment

Fozzie,

The data shows the prop was made for the Mercedes 100ps engine. The diameter Durchmesser appears to be abbreviated to DM instead of the usual D.

The 100ps Mercedes engine was used on Taube, Alb BI and BII, and LVG BIII. It was the state of the art German aero engine in 1914 and early 1915. But your propeller carries the proof mark DVL (Deutsche Versuchsanstalt fur Luftfahrt) which came in to use in 1918.

The first airworthiness authority was P & W ( for Prufanstalt und Werft der Fliegertruppe) which existed until 1917 when it merged with the FLZ (Flugzeugmeisterei), so the mark FLZ dates to 1917, replaced in 1918 by DVL.

One might assume that the prop was a replacement for a training machine which used the 100ps Mercedes engine in 1918.

mfG

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Anker Propeller

Hi Bob thanks for the detailed answer. Now I can restore the propeller something. A beautiful piece, he likes me well,
        Best regards Thomas

Comment

Propeller Behrend & Rueggebrecht

Hi Bob, I got a piece of propeller with interesting stampings and would like to know of any aircraft it is and how the manufacturer decal looks. The propeller is market.Behrend & Rueggbrecht, N1488, 100 hp Mercedes. D2700 ST 147, ZHG and P & W, unbrauchbar mat verwendet.
          I am happy when you can help me
          best regards Thomas

Comment

Behrend & Rueggbrecht

Fotos from the propeller
            Attached Files

Comment

Behrend Rueggebrecht

I was forget the ohter side is market with Behrend Rueggebrecht N20

Comment

Grüssen Thomas!

I have only recorded only one B & R propeller for the 100ps Mercedes engine, which was used on the Siemens Gross Bomber, the SSW G I, not the later series of R-type bombers. Here G indicates gross which tr. as big; and R indicates Riesenflugzeug which tr. as giant aircraft. The propellers for these engines had a diameter of 2700mm and a pitch of 1450mm.

Yours with D2700 and St1740 is for a similar sort of aircraft but I don't know which.

The G I (serial nr 32/15) was produced in 1915 by Siemens-Schuckert Werke at the request of Idflieg to counter the threat posed by the Russian Air Forces giant Sikorskii aircraft. Initially it used the Mercedes 100ps engine which proved to be of insufficient power. The G1 was renamed the R 1 and a further six variations were made, R 2 to R 7. Only one was made of each type and a some were used as training aircraft.

N20 is the post code in North Berlin for B & R, the Pankov suburb.

With kind regards,

Bob
                Bob Gardner

Comment

Oh yes!

I thought I should add for non German speaking forumites that UNBRAUCHBAR translates as unserviceable.

MAT. VERW. is the stamp (I assume) of the Material Verwertung Amt, the Material Utilisation Office.

Bob
                  Bob Gardner

Comment

Wolff Propeller

Hi Bob thanks for the kind support. Now I have received yesterday an interesting piece from the manufacturer Wolff. He is from an AEG G4 with 260 hp Mercedes engine and also has the Stemplung 1 AK, I think that is the first army corps? Regards Thomas
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thomas,

Thank you for these photographs. I am about to finish the last part of my books on German WW1 propellers and am currently dealing with Wolff so may I use your photographs in the book?

mit freundliche Grüssen,

Bob
                      Bob Gardner

Comment

Wolff Propeller

Hi Bob, but sure, no problem, you are welcome to use the photos for your book. If you need better pictures let me know this. Best regards and thanks Thomas

Comment

Danke Thomas. Yes please. Could you take a photo of the data stamped on the blade. I want to use it to show how Wolff sometimes stamped the name of the aircraft for which it was intended; here the AEG G IV.

Although obvious, here's what I need for photograph to be printed in a book;
                          a photograph at a high resolution, 5-6mb
                          please photograph outside in natural light
                          the photograph must be in perfect focus

Photographing the curved surface of the blade can be difficult in bright light!

mfG

Bob
                          Bob Gardner

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner View Post
                            Photographing the curved surface of the blade can be difficult in bright light!
                            Sometimes a polarizing filter will solve that problem.

Comment

Oh! Thanks Dave. I have spent hours trying to photograph propellers when I bought and sold them. Now that I know how to deal with the sunshine, I don't have any left to photograph!

With kind regards,

Bob
                              Bob Gardner

Comment

Wolff Propeller AEG G4

Hello Bob i was send the Fotos from the AEG G4 Propeller to this adress the foto was to big for upload to the forum best regards Thomas dave@woodenpropeller.com
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X