No announcement yet.

Sale of a major collection of ww1 propellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your clarification on auctions!

Regards,

Comment

Good morning all,

Soon I will be publish a list of all sold propellers and the yield per propeller. In the section 'Selling' I posted a list of until now unsold propellers. There are a number of rare German propellers by (the interest is high).

With kind regards,
      Gert

Comment

Hello forum members and interested,

the last 14 propellers are offered for sale this week.
        Most are rare and unique German WW1 propellers.
        There are also a number of historical and rare books on propellers for sale.

If you are interested, please contact me (send me a private message) for comprehensive information on the propellers.

Sales take place at Dominic Winter Auctioneers.
        http://www.dominicwinter.co.uk/
        or email them, info@dominicwinter.co.uk
        01285 860006 (the international code is +44).

With kind regards,

Gert
        Netherlands

Comment

Hi,

Thank you Bob for your explanation. In France, the beginning price is often largely lower than the lower estimation price, except for auctions where there is very small price variation possibilities ("standard" gold jewels, for example, which sell from their weight).

@lion65: yes, I was surprised that the German props didn't sell. Perhaps they suffer from cost transport to USA?
          I have discussed of your collection with my "colleagues", but we are not in the way of buying anything else that French ones until our collection (quite completed for the 14-18 era), will include a panel of metalic propellers (fixeed and variable pitch) from the 30's AND more pre-WW1 ones (we have only six brands). The only exception would be a Hamilton in original state with the "banana" decals...

Regards,
          PM

Comment

Hello PM,

there is only one French propeller left over, a Levasseur for the Dorant AR1 plane from about 1918. Unfortunately I have not the Hamilton propeller...

Kind regards,
            Gert

Comment

Hi,
              Originally posted by lion65 View Post
              H.../... Unfortunately I have not the Hamilton propeller...

Kind regards,
              Gert
              It was the first thing I looked for when I received your list!

I have bought two (one and half, in fact!) German ones 6 monthes ago, with the hope to have an exchange with someone who has a Hamilton... but I have not still picked up them... It is why I was attentive at the prices of yours... And I am a little disappointed by them!

About the Levasseur, we have three of them: one "like new" from 1917 (serial 586 for SPAD 13), one in poor state of the same era and one half destroyed but from ~1911 (serial 134 with large blades scimitar shaped and the first Levasseur decals and stamps).

Regards,
              PM

Comment

Working...
              X