Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sensenich bros lititz pa front aeroplane propellar

Hi

I woild like more information on identifying my propellar. The number on the propellar is model aF 43 - 888 , above it is 43 K 1513. From what plane is it and what date it was manufactured

I think there should be another "1" at the end of those numbers. Model 43K15131 can be found on this list, cross referenced to 86RA-61 on this list where is shows it fit a variety of Fairchild and Fleet aircraft. It should measure 86" from tip to tip.

The "43K" prefix indicates it was made under a 1943 military contract.

(I've moved this into the "Modern" propeller category.)
    Dave

Comment

Question please

First of all your site is amazing! Thank you for taking the time and interest to provide such great knowledge!

I am trying to research an Sensenich propeller that due to your great site I've determined was made between 1932-1942.

It is SER8638. The model is DES76B51. HP50 and RPM of either 1800 or 1900 -- hard to read. The prop is in immalucate condition. The decal is no longer there but shows the logo silhouette of lighter colored wood of where it once was. It also has a black hub. The color looks darker than an oak like I've seen in 1943 models. Looks more like Maple. The metal banding appears to be brass.

So I know it is 76 inches, the pitch is 51 and from the info I found on the link above, it is for a Continental engine 50 or 50/50. Used on Aeronca K C A, 50 C, 5TC, Luscombe 8 or a Taylorcraft BC.

However, I think that it was a very early model due to the serial number with no prefix. My instincts are telling me that the serial number is indicating that it was made in 1938. I would have guessed the B51 in the DES to be for a bomber 51 but that's not matching up on the link...and I can't find other info.
      So.... of course now im trying to determine when exactly it was made and of course the value....The other guy's site is not up so I'm a bit perplexed now.

Not sure if I'm interested in selling it. It belonged to my Dad that he obtained in our home town of Milwaukee about 46 yrs ago. It's a really cool piece but I'd love to know what I have!

Thanks for awesome site Dave. I look forward to your response!! Or any other propeller aficionados.

Laura

Comment

Id post a pic but I cant figure it out. The pics are saved to my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorMarley View Post
          Id post a pic but I cant figure it out. The pics are saved to my computer.
          See this link for uploading pictures. Make sure that you first open your own post then hit the "edit" button in the lower right, then go to "manage attachments".

The decals are big factors in valuation. When they're missing, value is considerably less in most cases.
          Dave

Comment

Here's the pics

Thx for the instructions. Hope this works I uploaded from phone.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the full prop

I'm surprised that the decal missing on something so old decreases the value.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close up

Here is a close up of the banding. It's in beautiful shape and has never been altered.
                Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't even worry about value. It's been in the family and on that basis alone is probably worth more to keep and pass down than it is to sell it. Look at the completed sales on eBay for similar props and you'll get some idea of the market. Unfortunately, I don't think it would sell for more than $500 or $600, but there are exceptions to every price prediction.
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X