Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking information about my Fahlin propeller

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and I found this in the course of researching my newly acquired Fahlin propeller. I am a lifelong aviation enthusiast and I always wanted to own a nice wooden propeller and thanks to a friend in my model airplane club, I now have one. I tried to match up the numbers engraved in the hub with the information on the website, but other than determining that it was probably produced in 1944 for the military, I could not find the other information relating to the engine and airplane type. Here are is the information that I copied from the side of the hub:
    SN NO 4418029
    DWG NO 144K 13555
    7 1/2'
    Decals: Fahlin, Columbia, MO.

Thank you for any information that you can provide!

Eric

None of those numbers look familiar to me, although I have a few more references I can check.

Can you post a few pictures?
    Dave

Comment

I looked through some other references and couldn't find any matches for "44K13555", which does sound like a military contract number, most of which can be matched to civilian design numbers.
      Dave

Comment

Dave,

There appears to be a 1 or I in front of the 44 in the numbers that I supplied. I will take some pictures and post them.

Thanks
        Eric

Comment

I am enclosing some pictures of my Fahlin propeller. I found an additional marking on the hub which is a small scribed box with AN T209. Unfortunately after uploading the pictures, they were "un-rotated" and I don't know how to correct that in this posting.
          All information much appreciated.

Eric
          Attached Files

Comment

As requested I did post some pictures and some information about some newly discovered markings on my Fahlin propeller.

Any additional information would be appreciated. Anybody??????

Thanks
            Eric

Comment

The numbers are hard for me to read. Sometimes you need a magnifying glass and re-directing a light source from different angles to be sure, but sometimes it's impossible to be 100% certain.

Assuming the numbers are in fact as you've printed them (which they probably are), I can't find any listing for those in any of the references I have. They are unusual.

I think the AN T209 is mostly likely an inspector's stamp, based on its general appearance.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
              Dave

Comment

Dave, thank you for responding! I did use magnifying glass when I first recorded the numbers to confirm. I must add that the prop appears never to have been used as there are no impressions at the hub or around the bolt holes and I'm quite certain that the prop is original and not restored. The prop appears to have a very high pitch.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                X