Hello, i want to know more about this prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, i want to know more about this prop

I pulled this out of my great grandfathers attic, i know that he did fly planes so i am assuming this was from one of his but i don't know anymore about it. It is wooden with copper edges on the blades and some type of red covering on the tips, the only markings on it is T9804, it has 6 bolt holes.there is also a number 1 at the 9o'clock position and a number 2 at the 3o'clock position, in relationship to the T9804 stamp. hope these pictures work, if closeups or anything would be more helpful just let me know, thanks, Mike

I can't find any propellers (6 hole hub) with a "T" prefix in a drawing number, so it might be hard to narrow down much.

It does look like a fairly conventional propeller from the 30's, 40's, 50's rather than anything earlier.
    Dave

Comment

darn, well thanks anyways, any ideas where i should start looking for more info?

Comment

Originally posted by wingsovermyhammy View Post
        darn, well thanks anyways, any ideas where i should start looking for more info?
        Not really. People don't understand that propellers are like car parts. They can all look very similar but only work on certain cars. Identifying them by part number is the surest way to make that connection, but since many of the aircraft and propellers are no longer produced there are no accurate current listings for them. We have tried to publish as much as we have (see Lamar's site) but there are probably hundreds of propellers that don't show up on those lists.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X