Lano Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lano Propeller

Trying to get some history on this propeller.

After some work I was able to identify "Lano Propeller Company" stamped into the bolt circle area. There are additional stamps I'm working on trying to figure out including a number. There's also a small symbol stamped into it outside of the bolt circle. I've also included a screen shot of the only item I could find on Google about the Lano Prop Company.....

Last photo--B/W one--takes some looking but at the 930 position you can barely make out "Lano" and then you'll see "propeller company" after that. With some wood oil it's been getting a bit easier to read, taking some work though.

Partial decal shot included as well.

Prop is 8 Feet in length with copper at the tips.

Thanks in advance for the help with this.

Regards, Dave.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lano; 01-15-2017, 08:24 AM. Reason: add photo

There were literally hundreds of companies manufacturing wooden propellers in the late teens and early twenties. Many of them were various woodworking shops like furniture, pianos, etc. that were more than willing to re-tool a bit to obtain military contracts for large numbers of propellers.

I'll have to dig around some old research I have to see if LANO was specifically listed in some of the old correspondence in files at the National Archives.

Most of these companies went out of business in the twenties or thirties and unfortunately most did not leave much historical documentation behind . . .

Comment

Thanks, hope to find something out and I will continue to do some digging as well. Impressive ornament at minimum!

Looking at the stampings further they appear to indicate Pitch and Diameter among other things.

Comment

Working...
      X