help with ID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with ID.

This wooden propeller was given to me by a customer in Festus Missouri. He told me his grandfather got it from an air show in St Louis Missouri & that the plane had crashed, you can see the damage on the ends in the picture. Here are the numbers and letters they found on one side.
    8-4d-s-op
    A77A
    Sc6222
    And under these numbers is a symbol that actually looks like a boat propeller. There are 16 holes eight of them are bigger than the other 8. Any help with this would be great we planned on having it restored in the best condition it can be restored in and hanging it
    Attached Files

There's not much left of it to identify and frankly there's no sense in trying to "restore" it.

The multiple holes suggest that it was used on one aircraft then drilled for another. "SC" usually indicates "Signal Corps" followed by a serial number, which doesn't help identify it, and the "boat propeller" may be a clover leaf.

Although yours appears to be stamped A77A, there was an A7A Hall Scott engine used on a number of early U.S. aircraft such as the Standard J1.

Can you get a good close-up photograph of the stamped numbers? That might help as they are often hard to read and sometimes need to be sort of "interpreted".

Comment

Can Anyone Identify this Old Propeller?

Hi, I'm new to the Forum and am hoping someone will recognize this prop. Some specifications: overall length = 102 3/8", hub opening = 2 1/2", 8-bolt pattern circle: 5 1/4", max blade width = 7 3/4". Markings on the prop: "ATC 8", "RPM 1450", " T 2077", decal "SUPREME". Pictures: http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/album.php?albumid=84

Appreciate the help! Tim

(Sorry if I posted this message incorrectly. Still learning!)

Comment

Working...
      X