CPB logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPB logo?

My father is looking at a propeller to acquire. 2 blade. Hub stamp : N 108 / D 235 / P 223
    9ft long, 8-bolt, no leading edge protector. Not laminated. The logo is 2/3 the way out one blade from the hub. Goldish lettering, interlocked P and B inside a larger C. Any ideas on manufacturer or age?

You need to post pictures, especially of the decals and hub.

"Not laminated" is very unusual.
    Dave

Comment

Couldn't get hub photos.
      Attached Files

Comment

This propeller is being sold in Dallas I think, and my is interested. I don't want him to be over-charged or sold under inaccurate pretenses. Thanks for any help. I've not been able to find anything on my own.

Comment

Hi,

Can't even see one of the holes of the supposed "8-bolt" pattern.
          235 centimeters (D[iameter] 235) are 7' 13/16", not 9'.
          "Gold lettering" has some part dissolved with the varnish.

So, I bet for a decorative thing, with non sense markings, at 99,999%. This leaves 0.001 % chance it could be a very rare artefact: not kind of a thing for a non expert to appreciate.

Regards,
          PM

Comment

Are you certain that it's not laminated? It looks to me like there are glue lines instead of grain on parts of it.
            Dave

Comment

Most wooden propellers I've ever seen are laminated. I see some lines on this one that look too perfect to be natural, but they don't seem to be the same on each blade, pattern-wise. Appx 9' is from the description, which also notes that the 8 bolt holes are completely filled. I suspect it was a display before. 9 3/4" thick hub with 10" diameter. Thanks for the replies though.

Comment

Working...
              X