Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's propeller logo?

Hi all,
    The following photograph is of the propeller fitted to an Italian Sopwith 'Baby' float plane on WW1. These aircraft were built under license by Ansaldo.

Does anyone recognise the company logo to identify who manufactured the propeller. (I'm pretty sure it's neither Ansaldo or Macchi),

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

Very late answer (I hadn't seen the thread...): could be an Éclair logo. It would be easier seing the whole prop for the shape AND the whole plane (probably a seaplane) for the possibility of an Éclair.

Regards,
    PM

Comment

Originally posted by pmdec View Post
      Hi,

Very late answer (I hadn't seen the thread...): could be an Éclair logo. It would be easier seing the whole prop for the shape AND the whole plane (probably a seaplane) for the possibility of an Éclair.

Regards,
      PM
      Hi,
      The aircraft is a WW1 (1917) Italian built Ansaldo 'Baby' (Sopwith),

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

With your pics, I am sure the prop is a French Éclair. Look at this one http://woodenpropeller.com/CaudronG3.html which has exactly the same shape, and thus confirms my guess about the logo which could differs a little : I know two Éclair logos, this one may be a variation (or the gold lines around the central part not visible on the pic) but the central part is the same.

Best wishes for the NewYear!
        PM

Comment

Hi,
          Yes, that looks like the Éclair logo so I'm sure you are correct.
          Stay safe.
          Many thanks,

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X