Sensenich DES 70P47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich DES 70P47

Hi Guys, I have an old vintage Sensenich Wood Propeller that i need some help identifying what it is, as well as possible value.

It is stamped with
    DES 70P47
    SER 16776
    HP 50
    RPM 2300
    HP 60
    RPM 2400

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brad
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BradK; 10-17-2015, 06:23 PM.

I think that it's actually 70F47, where "F" refers to a Franklin engine, 70 is the length in inches and 47 is the pitch. See this listing to identify possible aircraft uses, but there is no way to determine which one of those it was designed for unless it is specifically stamped that way, although the 50 HP stamp certainly suggests that it was used on the Aeronca 50F.

There isn't enough information about its condition to know its value. One critical parameter is the type and condition of the decal.

It looks like it has the older style 'Lititz" decals, and the serial number is consistent with a manufacturing date between 1932 and 1942. The metal hub plate is not original, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Dave, Thank you for your quick response. I have attached photos of both logos in hopes it would better help in valuing this propeller. Thank you for your time.
      ~Brad
      Attached Files

Comment

I would say that overall you prop has the qualities that make it fairly attractive as a collectible. That's based on original "Lititz" style decals in good condition, original condition of the entire item, and clear identification of its design and possible applications.

Having said that selling prices always represent a "range" of values that are very difficult to predict. My guess is that it would sell for something in the $700 to $1000 range, but clearly not in the several thousand dollar range that might be expected for a WW1 era prop.

Comment

Thank you . I appreciate your time. I would entertain any offers if anyone is interested in this propeller.
          Last edited by BradK; 04-16-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X