Help with Banks Maxwell prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Banks Maxwell prop

I am looking for more information on a wooden B-M prop that have had for many years - probably since the late 60's. I checked the Wooden Propeller site under B-M and it does not list this prop. Would like to know what it was used for, maybe what it's worth. It is no longer airworthy since it has a sliver missing at one of the trailing edges and someone before I got it drilled a hole in the center of ea blade probably for mounting it to a wall.

Here are the details:
    Banks - Maxwell Propeller Co, FW Tex
    Length: 60"
    Laminated wood with riveted brass leading edge covers
    Model: 560-34 (Stamped on side of hub and on back of hub)
    Ser No: 2375 (Stamped on side of hub and on back of hub)
    # Bolt holes: 6

Please let me know if I need to post more info.
    Thank you
    Attached Files

Banks-Maxwell is known for their airboat props, although they did manufacture some certificated aircraft propellers as well. The length of 60" suggests an airboat application. Can you post a pick of the whole prop?
    Dave

Comment

Looking through a few references I have, Banks-Maxwell's aircraft propellers were built under leased type certificates and the shortest one was 70". They made a variety of 60" airboat/snowsleigh props, and I suspect that the "60" in the 560-34 model number indicates its length, and the pitch is 34".

As I say, yours is almost certainly an airboat propeller, not an aircraft prop.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X