Fahlin D-585.. Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahlin D-585.. Value?

Thanx, your i.d. pages made it possible for me, an absolute aircraft novice/dummy to i.d. this propeller. Now I wonder if anyone knows what it is worth?
    Brass or copper leading edges, red tips, no cracks or dings except for very minor dings in the leading edges.

It would depend on what aircraft used it (I didn't have time to look that up) and very much what condition it's in. Generally, the old Fahlin props sell on eBay in the $500 to $700 range, depending on those factors. Sale prices on eBay do fluctuate through quite a range, however.
    Dave

Comment

Fahlin D-585.. Value?

Thanx Dave;
      according to the Fahlin info @ modern wodder propellers, It's from a luscombe 8E,or 8F with a continental engine @ 85 h.p.. this makes sense since H.P. 85 is one of the identifying marks stamped on it. So help a dummy out, What year was it produced and any better idea on the value?
      Thanx again, Well..tech

Comment

Unlike Sensenich, which has published a list of serial numbers and dates of manufacture, the other manufacturers don't make that information readily available. So all you really can conclude is that it was made sometime between when it was first used and when the company stopped making propellers, which isn't of course much help. Many propellers were still produced long after the aircraft and engine ceased production, so you can still buy a brand newly manufactured wooden propeller to fit that airplane.

The only way to really know what it's worth is to sell it to the highest bidder, and as I mentioned, that can be quite unpredictable. I might be able to give you a little better guess if I could see it, but if you are a registered ebay user, just search "wooden propeller", then click on the "completed listings" option near the bottom on the left menu. Sooner or later you'll see one similar to yours that has already sold.
        Dave

Comment

If you still have the Fahlin, please send me some pictures. I'm looking for one.
          dwightmag at cableone dot net

Comment

Working...
          X