Wooden Propeller Forum  

Go Back   Wooden Propeller Forum > Wooden Propeller Identification > "Early" Wooden Propellers

Old 11-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #21
Bob Gardner

Dave,

Thank you for your kind offer. I ordered two books from Amazon. The first arrived yesterday. It is not of much use. The second will arrive tomorrow, Monday. So I would much like to have your book. Thank you for this kind thought.

Several of the aviation books I own are signed by their authors, and I sign every one of my books on propellers that I sell, so could you please sign your book for me.

I'll send you my postal address by email in a moment.

With kind regards,

Bob
Bob Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:35 AM   #22
Dbahnson
Administrator
Site Admin

Will do, Bob. But I need to check to be sure I even have that book in my collection. I just don't remember.
Dbahnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #23
Bob Gardner

Ronnie,

How lovely to communicate with a Nederlander.

I agree that global warming is going to give us an exciting show, but the weekly magazine New Scientist that I read has frequent accounts of the beginning of mass extinctions of flora and fauna world-wide, as well as unprecedented weather, both floods and fires, brought on by climate change. I have a chum from University who now lives in Queensland where there are currently bush fires similar to those in California.

On a different tack, when I was in München-Gladbach with the British Army from 1984 to 1985 we often used to cross the Dutch border to do our weekly shopping, where prices were lower and the choices better. I also used to attend NATO conferences in Den Haag.

The army squadron that I commanded during the Falklands War in the South Atlantic in 1982 had its origins in Operation Market Garden at Arnhem in 1944 and so from 1982 onwards I attended the annual remembrance each year at Arnhem with twenty or thirty soldiers from the Squadron. For several years we took veterans from our squadron who had flown supplies to Arnhem in 1944 with us. This year old age prevented me attending.

The floods around us are retreating but a new threat has arisen. The River Don, which has been the source of our flooding becomes tidal about ten miles away and so incoming tides block the river causing new floods about fifteen feet deep. It is a lovely autumn sunny day at the moment but snow is forecast for tomorrow followed by more biblical rain. Perhaps the good people of Arnhem will drop us some food?

Met vriendelijke Groeten,

Bob

Last edited by Bob Gardner; 11-10-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #24
Bob Gardner

Default Bahnson's Memory!

Will do, Bob. But I need to check to be sure I even have that book in my collection. I just don't remember.

Dave,

I too forget to remember. There are numerous examples of my wife saying, 'You told me that yesterday! Don't you remember? Sadly, I never do!

With sympathy,

Bob

Last edited by Bob Gardner; 11-10-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #25
Dbahnson
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gardner View Post
Dave,

Thank you for your kind offer. I ordered two books from Amazon. The first arrived yesterday. It is not of much use. The second will arrive tomorrow, Monday. So I would much like to have your book. Thank you for this kind thought.

Several of the aviation books I own are signed by their authors, and I sign every one of my books on propellers that I sell, so could you please sign your book for me.

I'll send you my postal address by email in a moment.

With kind regards,

Bob
Bob, I don't find a Windsock publication but I have the Anthology 1 publication for the D VII and a Profiles publication for the D VIII. If you don't already have one or both of those I'll send them to you. (I have your address.)

Apparently there were additional Anthology publications for the D VII. This one is over 50 pages and quite a few illustrations and other technical details.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FOK DVII.jpg (75.1 KB, 10 views)
Dbahnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #26
Bob Gardner

Excellent.

Thank you Dave. I don't have either. I look forward to reading both.

With kind regards,

Bob