X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell 93 " 8 bolt beautiful

I own a well maintained wooden Propeller with these specs:
    Hartzell 93" 8 bolt with 3"center
    Markings are clear and perfect with the Hartzell stamp in the metal on the edges the lable is clear and wood stamped with these numbers .

Serial 10746
    design 400K
    Hartzell PIOUA OHIO

I have looked all over the net to try and find any info on this. could possibly have been used with a Kinner B5 Waco INF but not sure. If anyone has any ideas on identifying this propeller or its value ( reasonably close) I would appreciate any help (working on pictures )
    Thanks,
    Joe
    gl_p_123@yahoo.com

It was manufactured under the same type certificate (TC411) and the other "400" models, so the hub dimensions are the same, and the pitch is not specified. I'm not sure what the "K" would indicate, but I think you have the correct engine. Its certification expired on 12/31/1954.

You can check eBay for past sales of similar props, but most of them go from somewhere in the $500 to $1000 range, depending very much on condition. It can only be used as a display prop.
    Dave

Comment

Certification

What exactly is purpose of the Certification Date?

and what can you tell me about the type of plane this was on?

I was happy to know I had found the correct engine, Thank you for your assistance with this. You really do have an informative site and the response was so fast from you.... thank you again.
      Joe

Comment

Re: Certification

Originally posted by JPitel
        What exactly is purpose of the Certification Date?

and what can you tell me about the type of plane this was on?

I was happy to know I had found the correct engine, Thank you for your assistance with this. You really do have an informative site and the response was so fast from you.... thank you again.
        Joe
        It was originally certified with a type certificate, which meant that it could be used on certificated aircraft (which most aircraft are, but not some experimentals, etc.) The fact that its type certificate was allowed to expire in 1954 meant that either it was no longer useful for any aircraft of that the original certificate was time limited for some reason.

I don't know the type of aircraft, but the WACO model INF seems the most likely. You can google that. I don't know anything about it.
        Dave

Comment

I found it

actually I have been researching alot and found the EXACT propeller on a RNF

very happy about this ....it was not the INF but the RNF and here is a link to the photo I found ( this is definately the one without doubt)
          what do you think? cut and paste this link it should take you directly to it.( if you care to see what it is that I have been describing. It took me LOTS of photo examining to find this I was very excited to have gotten this far
          (with your help)
          Thanks
          waco RNF ( photo NC631Y)

http://nationalwacoclub.com/falbum/s...%20NC631Y.html

Comment

Re: I found it

Originally posted by JPitel
            actually I have been researching alot and found the EXACT propeller on a RNF
            It may look exactly the same, but still be a different propeller. You'd have to find the type certificate for the aircraft to see what propellers were allowed for certificated use. It may well be that your model was used for the RNF, but you can't tell by just looking at it. Most manufacturers had a number of different models (with different pitches) that look identical to each other.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X