X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWI propellers - technical drawings/ blueprints

Hello,

I am new to the forum.
    I am looking for technical drawings or blueprints for WWI propellers. Does anyone know where can I obtain them?

I know that Achim Engels produce replicas of Axial propellers. As far as I remember he used to sell blueprints as well.

tanks for help!

There are very few (almost none) of the original drawings still around. Most reproduction propellers have to be manufactured from existing propellers, and often it's even very hard to find the correct one of those.
    Dave

Comment

So there are few blueprints. As far I've tracked via WWI Aeroplane following blueprints:
      -Bentley 230hp propeller for Sopwith Snipe. But it's a reconstruction, not an original dwg.
      -Drawing for Fokker DVIII/EV fom 1920s. Again - it cames from an American book.
      They have some books about designing and construction of the propellers.

I've noticed that someone has drawings for SPAD propeller and for AXIAL prop. Is it possible to get a copy of the drawings?

thanks
      Piotr

Comment

Originally posted by didunks View Post
        So there are few blueprints. As far I've tracked via WWI Aeroplane following blueprints:
        -Bentley 230hp propeller for Sopwith Snipe. But it's a reconstruction, not an original dwg.
        -Drawing for Fokker DVIII/EV fom 1920s. Again - it cames from an American book.
        They have some books about designing and construction of the propellers.

I've noticed that someone has drawings for SPAD propeller and for AXIAL prop. Is it possible to get a copy of the drawings?

thanks
        Piotr
        Hi Piotr,
        I have a WW1 Sopwith Triplane Propeller blue print and some WW1 British Propeller blue prints, as well as some WWI German Propeller blue prints if you're interested

Ray

Comment

Hi

I am looking for a British Propellor WW1 drawing / Blueprint

Regards Leigh

Comment

Hello Ray,
            I am very interested in the blueprints. Can you share a copy of the blueprints?
            Regards
            Piotr

Comment

Hello Leigh

I have a autocad drawing of Sopwith Snipe (from British propellers) if you are interested.
              regards
              Piotr

Comment

Propellor drawing

Hi Piotr

A Cad drawing would be great i have sent you a private msg with my email address .

Regards Leigh

Comment

AIRCO DH 1 propeller blueprint

Hi, I am looking for the blueprint for AIRCO DH 1 prop.
                  If possible, I would appreciate if someone can share it with me.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Hi you!

I am looking for a British Propellor WW1 drawing / Blueprint.

Regards!
                    Michael.

Comment

If there's any possibility of getting some CAD drawings, I'd love to have some. I just got a woodworking CNC at work, and I'm going to try and build a prop...even 2D CAD drawings will help, I can work from there.

Comment

How exactly would a CAD drawing be created? I have the props, but I have no idea how to get a CAD part done.
                        Dave

Comment

Does anyone know how to obtain copy of the Axial prop that Achim created? I tried to email the US contact via email and did not get a response. I even tried emailing Achim and never recieved a reply. I know there are some pictures of his blue print floating around on theaerodrome website. I ended up having to take the small picture of the blue print posted there and recreating the blueprint to a useable scale.

I am in the process of creating a smaller scale version of the 2620mm prop. I am going to end up with a 7 foot prop instead of the 8+ footer. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Blueprints or CAD drawings

Hello wooden propellers enthusiasts

I'm also looking for any documentation or CAD drawings of real historic propellers. Simply I want to make a replica for my living room just not want to make a silly shape. All help will be highly appreciated.

Comment

Would anyone have images for the following props:
                              British and Colonial P.43
                              Lang L.P.1020A
                              Integrale I.P.C.2360

I would especially appreaciate pictures of the "decals" (I do have something that is Integrale, probably proper era).

One of these would have been the type used on the original Sopwith built Pup N6184. Since dropping it (i.e. my replica) into the Wisconsin river, I am looking for a new prop, and if the one snj5 loaned me is similar to one of those, I will duplicate it with a steeper pitch. If not, the Culver guys can carve me one that is at least similar in shape. Any help would be appreaciated.

Would the books sold here have these?

Comment

Working...
                              X