Yet Another Propeller ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Propeller ID

Myself and another member of my local legion found a propeller in the attic.

Description:

Brewster & Co. label
    8 bolt holes
    Approx. 8' long
    ID numbers/information:
    Brewster & Co
    SC 55394
    Pitch 5-3
    8 FT 4

Additionally there is either an O or a 0 with what appears to be three more letters or numbers. These cannot be read. With the exclusion of the label, all of the information is on the hub.

Metal on the tips of the blades.

I can provide pictures if necessary. It might take a day or two as I will need to visit the legion to take them.

From reading the forums, I understand the SC stands for Signal Corp. But besides that I am clueless.

Any information is appreciated. We would like to display the propeller in the legion, and information about it would be awesome to have with it.

Could be anything. At one point I owned a Brewster & Co. propeller for a Curtiss JN 4 that had similar markings.

Is yours this "toothpick" style?

Comment

I do not believe it is a toothpick style. Or at least the hub looks different. I will take good photographs tonight and post them.

Thank you for the help

Comment

And the last two:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
          I do not believe it is a toothpick style. Or at least the hub looks different. I will take good photographs tonight and post them.

Thank you for the help
          I was incorrect. It is a toothpick style.

Comment

Working...
          X