Leseurre propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leseurre propeller

Hi, do you have any source of information about Leseurre propellers?

This one was made under licence here in Czechoslovakia for an aircraft, powered by a french engine. Which engines used the Leseurre propellers?

I would like to identify the engine and the aircraft.

The information I read on the center section:

LESEURRE.
    SERIE.83.

ČÍS.2?06 (ČÍS = NUMber in Czech)
    15/11?929

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hi,

To my knowledge, there is no known list of Leseurre props, made by Gourdou-Leseurre. Perhaps the prop was for one of their a/c if some were sold in czechoslovakia.

Th VB stamps is the French airworthy stamps of the late 20's, in good accordance with the making date (15 november 1929).
    With a thickness of 200mm, central hole 81 mm and 10 bolts on a 200mm circle, it is a D type hub in use with many engines in the 400 to 500 HP, range (for example the Renault 12Ja 450HP).

The only Leseurre documented serial number I know about is a serial 78 for Blanchard seeplane.
    It seems your prop has copper shielding which could be because the serial 83 was also for a seeplane.
    Excepted if somebody has the same serial but for use in France, where plane and engine codes stamping were mandatory, it will be very difficult to find what you look for...

Best regards,
    PM

Comment

The propeller was manufactured here in Czechoslovakia by Aero, we used to manufacture a lot of French aeroplane parts after 1918 (based on French experience and plans in aeroplane construction during the WW1), before we began with own constructions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_Vodochody

Thank you for your information about the propeller, it is very valuable for me. The sheathing is made of a brass sheet, connected with copper rivets and poured with tin. The material is ash wood, as is typical for all Czechoslovak propellers.

I suspect it could be Aero A-230, powered with Lorraine-Dietrich 12Cc, 483hp. Is the engine compatible with the propeller?

Thank you very much!

http://forum.valka.cz/topic/view/8309/Aero-A-230
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X