Sensenich pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich pics

Can anyone tell me the value of this prop? I posted all of the ID #'s yesterday. It is off of a 1942 PT22.
    Thanks
    Veronica
    [img]

[/img]

It looks like it is in good to excellent condition, with the original Lititz style Sensenich decals and a known manufacture date of around 1942, so I'd guess that it would sell on eBay for somewhere around $800 to $900, perhaps a little more if the right bidding war took place. The only way to know for sure, of course, is to sell it to the highest bidder.

Comment

It does indeed look like a nice prop in good shape and having the entire spinner is definitely a plus. My guess on eBay selling price would be around $1,000. As Dave said, the only way to find out is to list it and see.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks

I am going to try putting it on ebay and see what happens. Thanks for the info
        Veronica

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by veronica
          I am going to try putting it on ebay and see what happens. Thanks for the info
          Veronica
          Suggestion: get at least one good photo in natural light that's taken from directly in front of the propeller. You might need to get someone to hold it for you.

Nice job posting the pics, by the way.
          Dave

Comment

Tell us the ebay link, Veronica, so that we can follow its progress.

Good Luck,

With regards,

Bob
            Bob Gardner
            Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
            http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

I am going to post it on sunday and take some new pics. I will let you all know the posing #.
              Thanks
              Veronica

Comment

Ebay

Hi. I just got the prop listed on Ebay, but my camra broke so I had to use the pics that I already had. It is listed under "1942 Sensenich Propeller" in Kent, WA. It ends next monday. Thanks again for all of your help.
                Veronica

Comment

Sold!
                  Here's the listing.

Final price was pretty close to prediction (see 2nd post, above) but the buyer is someone who buys them to sell again for a profit, so don't be surprised if it shows up on eBay again with a reserve a little higher than that.

Comment

Sensensich Nose Cone

Know this is an old thread, but have the same prop and the pictures here are a very good illustration.

My problem is that I am missing the metal nose cone. Would like to find a replacement cone or the dimensions of an original so that I can have one made.

My propeller is in excellent condition and have owned it since the early 1960's.

Thanks,
                    Les Thompson

Comment

You might contact Univair, give them the aircraft model number and any numbers on the propeller itself. Some of this stuff is still available. Both Univair and WagAero are where I'd start.
                      Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X