Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very large Hugo Heine original condition propeller

Hello!
    I have a very large Hugo Heine propeller (See photo) of about 240cm. It is in near mint original condition. I would like to know if it is possible to determine on what kind of airplane it was made for and an idea of the value. The markings are: No 51980 / Motor S.H. 14 108 / 2400 / Durchmesser 1000 1/ Steigung ./. 158
    Thanks
    Vincent
    Attached Files

Wow. That's an unusual looking one.

I don't know what it's from but is almost certainly a later (i.e. post WW1) model.
    Dave

Comment

Vincent,

Your prop is in marvellous condition.

You are a gift from heaven as far as this author is concerned. I have just about finished one of my books on WW1 German props which describes Heine props amongst others. I have been looking for an example of the decal on your prop for twenty years. I had come to think it never existed. And the drawings I have seen are in black and white. I had no idea it was coloured. It was used briefly around 1912 and again around 1930.

May I use your photograph in my book? Please send me a hi res copy and a few close ups of the decal. My address, written phonetically to avoid even more spam is; aeroclocks at btinternet dot com

Your prop dates from 1930-31. It was fitted to several training aircraft and club type of aircraft.

The data translates as;

51980 The Heine serial number which dates it to 1930-31.
      S.H. 14 108 The engine, a Siemens-Halske 14, which was a seven cylinder radial of between 125 and 160hp
      2400 Durchmesser 1000 1 Diameter 2400mm
      Steigung 158 Pitch 1580mm

The engine was used on many German light aircraft in the 1930's such as the Bücker Bü 133c Jungmeister, Focke-Wulf Fw44, and the Heinkel He 72 Kadett.

With kind regards,

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Bob, thank you very much for the infos. I have send you more pictures on your e-mail address...

Comment

Thank you Vincent. As a postscript, the number 108 after the engine type is the horse power of the engine, 108ps.

With kind regards,

Bob
          Bob Gardner
          Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
          http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Hi Vincent,

You have a very nice prop in superb condition. Take good care of it.

I too would be interested in a high resolution close-up of the decal. It is one of the decals I have been looking for. I just never knew it was a Heine decal.

Bob,
            A similar looking Heine decal was used throughout the 1920s. Do you know how many different decals were used by Heine?

Best regards,

F.D.M
            Last edited by F.D.M; 03-01-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Hi,

No problem, please just send me an email address where to send HiRes photos.

Best,

Vincent
              Attached Files

Comment

You have a Private Message with my e-mail address.

Thanks Vincent!

F.D.M
                Last edited by F.D.M; 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

You can access Private Messages on the top right of the forum where you login.

Regards,

F.D.M

Comment

Working...
                  X