Hartzell wooden propellor ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell wooden propellor ID

I came into posession of a 90" Hartzell wooden Propellor. My grandfather gave it to me and told me it was from his plane in WWII. It was a trainer, which one I don't know, but he flew for the RCAF.

I was trying to dig up some information as to which plane it might have been from and perhaps the manufacturing year. The serial and model numbers are both legible and I spoke to the manufacturer. They aren't sure what the production year was because it predates their records. Or rather their records are not very good for that period.

My best guess is that its from a C-45, an AT-7 or maybe an Avro 652 Anson. Would anybody be able to help me with this?

I do have pictures if it would help with the identification. I'm just not sure where to post them.

Dominic

What are the numbers stamped on it?
    Dave

Comment

The design number is: 849 77 (90)
      The serial number is: 18571
      RPM: 2200

Hatzell
      Piqua, Ohio
      HP 330

Comment

Thats all the info that is on the propeller. Its one piece with brass on the leading edge and the tip on either side has a type of laminant that seems to protect the edges.

Its in really good shape.

Comment

I don't have any information on a Hartzell with that design number. In addition, I have no information on any wooden prop by any manufacturer for an engine with that much horsepower.

Lamar

Comment

I appreciate the help either way. Thank you.

Do you know where else I might look for information?

Comment

I have no further suggestions. If I did I'd have the data on my web page. Perhaps someone else can help.

Lamar

Comment

I've got some data sheets that Hartzell sent me years ago that includes some of their special order items. I'll see if I can dig it up and match anything, but don't hold your breath.
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X