Not wood prop but Micarta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not wood prop but Micarta?

I have a ground adjustable Hartzell prop that came with a DC-65 project I bought. Does anyone have any experience with this propeller? Anyone with operators or maintenance documents out there? I seen no reason why I can't use it but it would seem to be a good idea to dissemble the prop, have the metal parts NDT'd before reassembling. Assuming, of course, it's properly pitched!

It's also somewhat unusual in that is has only four of the six holes drilled in the hub since the hub itself covers the remaining two holes.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Carl Prather

I would suggest you contact Monty at www.notplanejane.com. He's very knowledgeable on the subject of adjustable props.

Lamar

Comment

Carl
      Hartzell made Ground Adjustable propellers out of what looks like a phnolic of some kind. They advertized it as "plastic" although it more resembles micarta. These had two different hub styles. One slipped directly on a tapered shaft Continental and the other a Flanged shaft. It sounds like you have the flanged shaft version. I have a tapered shaft version with only one blade and have been looking for a second blade to complete the prop. The material is very stable and probably could be used if inspected properly for defects. Attached is an add out of my collection. Other than that, I have no other info.
      Thanks.
      Bob
      [/url]

Comment

Working...
      X