Propeller identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller identification

Could anyone help identifying which aircraft this propeller would have been used on. It was left to my partner by her father a few year's ago & any information regarding it's uses & possible value would be much appreciated. I have the following information from the propeller.
    It was made by Hordern Richmond Aircraft Ltd, Chesham. It is 80 inches in length & has 8 bolt holes, with some slight damage to 1 tip of the propeller.
    DRG. NO. L. A. 515
    GENET MAJOR 7 CYL
    D.6-67' P.4-19'
    L.H.T
    L.P. 1558
    4/39.
    Thank you for any help.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum.

Your prop was fitted to an Avro aircraft, probably an Avro Avian, possibly an Avro Cadet and less likely a Cierva Autogiro. It was made by Dashwood Lang who had become a director of Horden-Richmond. The decal is of typical Lang design, probably has Hordern-Richmond on the main body, and in the scroll above it very probably has the rather witty screed; The Auld Lang Sign

It was made in April 1939 of course.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Thank you very much Bob for taking the time to pass on your information regarding our propeller. It's good to finally have answer's to question's which have been alluding us for sometime!. My girlfriend's late father worked as a lad at Rochester airport during the late 40's & early 50's refuelling plane's & doing maintenance job's, so I'm guessing this is where he came by the propeller.
      Once again many thanks & regards.
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X