X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me identify this old wood prop

Thanks in advance! It is 92" long (Tall) and 15" wide. Matt
    Attached Files

I think that will be nearly impossible, absent matching it precisely to an identical propeller on display somewhere. It's just a blade with no hub, no stamped information, aand no manufacturer's information.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave!

I am just trying to find out the basic...it has the red, white and blue and it is wood, but does anyone know if it would be WWI or WWII? Could it be a fighter or a Handley Page with US wrap?

Comment

It really is large...

and I would have to assume that there would be two or three on the hub. Would you guys say it is Military or worth anything? Thanks, Matt

Comment

It COULD be almost anything, but so could a fragment of any other object. Be careful about turning speculation into realty.

On the other hand, if it measures 92 inches then the diameter of the intact propeller with a 2 blade hub is at least twice that, which eliminates many of the other possibilities. Some of the larger props were found on airships, but that is equally speculative. See post #2.
          Dave

Comment

My friend Dave...

Would you care to speculate on WWI or WWII? thx Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattyyh View Post
              Would you care to speculate on WWI or WWII? thx Matt
              I wouldn't dare. There's no reason to believe it has anything to do with either one of them. It may not even be an aircraft propeller.
              Dave

Comment

Dave, so if I told you

I live next to sikorsky and I know it came from an employees estate would you say it is from a helicopter? Matt

Comment

Please note all of the previous responses.

You simply can't say what it came from based on the pics of what it is unless you can positively identify it (match it) to a known propeller that has been conclusively identified.
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X