X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop value

I have a Sesenich Laminated Wood Propeller, 8 bolt flange on 7: bolt circle
    Model 43K13605 Serial # AF43E-0860 - 7-1/2' long with brass leading edges
    According to Charley at Sesenich it was used on a UC-78 "Bamboo Bomber, is from 1932-42 era and was a military contract item. Their records don't go back that far so he can't give me a value. Can anyone out there give me an idea as to its worth. My husband passed away and I'm finally trying to get rid of some of his aviation items. Thanks in advance for any info
    Last edited by dkish; 09-22-2014, 08:53 PM. Reason: Add photos

Condition is the main factor in this. It could be nearly worthless or could be worth $1000 or more. See this page to get started. Those propellers, from a variety of manufacturers, are quite common due to the introduction of variable pitch propellers for that engine, which made the wooden propellers obsolete after thousands had been manufactured.
    Dave

Comment

UC-78 Prop

I read somewhere, I don't know if it's on this forum or not, that the Lilitz props are more collectible that others. Is that true because mine is.

Comment

That's true, because they indicate an older prop than the Lancaster production. The "43K" number on yours indicates a 1943 military contract, although the propeller may have been manufactured after that date.

Can you post a photo?
        Dave

Comment

Cessna UC-78 prop

I can't download pictures because I keep getting a security message. But there are pictures on ebay under Sesenich wooden propeller. I think I got it to work. The logo on the opposite blade is whole and complete.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dkish; 09-25-2014, 12:03 AM. Reason: photos

Comment

You'll get a better idea of value in 3 days when the auction closes. There is no "set value" on any of these props, and what any given prop will sell for can vary considerably depending on a number of different variables.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X