• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotol Prop Hub

Hello All, just found this great forum after the search for this;

I have 3 questions,

1=first what A/C could it be from?
    2= could this flansh be removed and how?
    3= is it a rotol?

Thanks!

That's a very cool item. I hope someone here can identify aircraft usage, but I'm skeptical. I would suggest contacting Monte Chase at his web site, www. notplanejane.com. He seems to be the authority on variable pitch propellers, although Bob Gardner may have some insight into this one as well.

I wouldn't do anything to it at this point until you find out more about it. The fact that it has been underwater for some time may actually add to its value as an artifact.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      That's a very cool item. I hope someone here can identify aircraft usage, but I'm skeptical. I would suggest contacting Monte Chase at his web site, www. notplanejane.com. He seems to be the authority on variable pitch propellers, although Bob Gardner may have some insight into this one as well.

I wouldn't do anything to it at this point until you find out more about it. The fact that it has been underwater for some time may actually add to its value as an artifact.
      Hello Dave, many thanks for this information, i will contact MC,

CSL.

Comment

Halifax Mk I, II and V fitted with the Merlin X and XX. This is confirmed by both the blade type R7/35/55 and the hub adaptor no. RA5812. It had three wooden blades.

With kind regards,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

See, I suspected Bob would know.

CSL, what would be the purpose of trying to remove the flange? I think that is a great relic exactly the way it is, and I can't imagine that you are going to be able to salvage something from it that is more valuable than the item as is.

Just curious.
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner View Post
            Halifax Mk I, II and V fitted with the Merlin X and XX. This is confirmed by both the blade type R7/35/55 and the hub adaptor no. RA5812. It had three wooden blades.

With kind regards,

Bob
            Many thanks Bob for this information.
            I thought it was from a Hurricane but now i know where it belonged to.

Thanks!
            Last edited by CSL; 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              See, I suspected Bob would know.

CSL, what would be the purpose of trying to remove the flange? I think that is a great relic exactly the way it is, and I can't imagine that you are going to be able to salvage something from it that is more valuable than the item as is.

Just curious.
              Hello Dave, i know but it is going to my exhibition and it should be clean.
              I dont mean sandblasting or so therefore i want to dissasemble-clean-assemble.

For Here;

http://www.luchtoorlog-1939-1945.nl/

And Here;

http://www.crashsiteslimburg.nl/

Comment

Working...
              X