ID Wooden Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Wooden Propeller

I have a wooden Sensenrich propeller with the following marks N73 LXL 58, A A 70 75 and the numbers 1 and 2 on the bolt along with 6 holes. If any one has any information regarding this propeller, it would be greatly appreciated!!

It's an airboat propeller. That's the typical nomenclature. Sensenich used to have a web page listing their airboat props, but I think it no longer exists.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Dave! Any idea what the value is?

Comment

Not really. It depends on what condition it's in and whether anyone needs one that size. As a collectible display propeller it's not worth much. Check eBay to see what similar ones have sold for, but even those values may be a little inflated by people who bought them thinking they were airplane propellers. It's an easy mistake to make.

Realistically, I'd say "market value" is about $100 in average condition.
        Dave

Comment

Thanks, again!
          Libby

Comment

Sensenich Model 80R...

Any ideas about what/when a Sensenich Model 80R-702 might be from?
            Thanks!

Comment

You need the serial number to determine approximate date of manufacture. The models are listed here, with a link to serial numbers at the top of the page.
              Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave!

That link was showing up blank, maybe my browser is clogged up again...

Anyway the serial number (below the Model Number) looks like:
                SO981

I took a photo of the numbers. The propeller has lots of really cool hardware attached in the center on both sides:

Comment

Aha! Found it, thanks:

http://woodenpropeller.com/Sensenichdates.pdf

So the only S/N that starts with S would be from 1953, though it doesn't seem to reference an "SO..." number per se.

Wondering if that's correct?
                  Any thoughts as to the value of this one?

Many thanks!

Comment

Id of U.S. Propeller, 44"...Im a newbie here, help!

Hello, please forgive if I have posted incorrectly; just now excited to join and learn so much about wooden props. I'm a low-time private pilot but have little knowledge about wooden props, and suddenly find myself sorting thru a deceased relatives collection. I'm starting small, with a 44" USPRopellers, Inc., 44", with the stamp,"22008 SER MM424". Is it unmanned, etc? No clue what to do with it. Really am looking forward to this...sort of intimidating, though. Thanks!

Comment

It's a very common UAV (drone) propeller, probably from around the 1950s, but I don't know a specific drone.
                      Dave

Comment

Thanks so much. I am finding the wooden ones much more fascinating than the metal ones already.
                        If anyone out there likes certain reference materials to help with learning about these props, I would love your suggestions. Thanks again for letting me participate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninetynine View Post
                          Thanks so much. I am finding the wooden ones much more fascinating than the metal ones already.
                          If anyone out there likes certain reference materials to help with learning about these props, I would love your suggestions. Thanks again for letting me participate.
                          Bob Gardner, who posts here often, has done a fabulous job of recording and publishing a vast amount of information in a series of books. They are well worth the cost for any collector. I have them all. Click here for more information.
                          Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X