What in the world is this thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the world is this thing?

I'm two days into the hobby and I've read lots of websites so far. However I've seen nothing online that looks like this thing. It's 91" long and I can't find any markings on it at all. Anyone have a clue or a direction I should go in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ruben
    Last edited by collectingfool; 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM.

Without markings the likelihood of identifying it are very, very low.
    Dave

Comment

I realize the chances of getting specific details may be slim to none but I know NOTHING about this other than the fact that I like them! I'm a complete newbie and was hoping someone may be able to point out a general timeframe at least. Also thought those scallopped edges on the metal might be recognized by someone. I didn't even know they made these without markings. Any info at all (including a good reference/book I can find) would be terrific.

Comment

More details that may point to something...

Thanks to Dave's direction I was able to take measurements of this prop that may make sense to those that know more than me about these things than me (basically everyone). I also have more detailed pictures:

Center Bore Diameter: 3.5"
        Bolt Hole Circle: 6.75"
        Diameter of Hub: 8.5"
        Num of Bolt Holes: 8
        Bolt Hole Diameter: 7 are 1/2" and the one at top-center is 3/4" but narrows to 1/2" inside
        Hub Thickness: 6.25"
        Length: 91"
        Laminations: 9

The look if it reminds me a lot of this one but mine is smaller and has no markings:
        http://www.woodenpropeller.com/clas10.html

I looked these measurements up on the page Dave directed me to and nothing matched. Hopefully someone can offer some tidbit of info that may point me in the right direction.

Thanks for looking!
        Ruben

Comment

Working...
        X