Intergral Propeller Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intergral Propeller Co

Hi, Ive recently come into possession of a large wooden prop and have found out that it is made by Intergral Propeller Co by looking through the badges posted on this site. I was wondering if anyone can help me find out what it is off. It spans 9' and is a 4 armed prop. Ive done a little looking around on google but cant any matches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

There are dozens of possibilities based on what you've described. Look for numbers stamped around the hub and post them here. We can probably figure it out. Photos will be most helpful as well.
    Dave

Comment

I cant seem to find any number stamped in. Ill have a better look soon but heres a picture of it.
      Attached Files

Comment

I really cant find any number stamped in at all which is a shame but i did find another thread about a 4 blade prop made by the same manufacturer, which said not many 4 blade prop were made by them and that they were mostly used on a BE2C. That prop was smaller than the one i have locked in the garage.

Comment

Propellers were like tires - all different sizes and shapes and most specific to an engine and sometimes an aircraft. Just from the photo it looks as if yours may not have made it through the manufacturing process, which would help explain the absence of stamped identification information, which typically went on very late in the process.

How can you tell it's Integral? There was Integral in England and Integrale in France, I believe, although I don't think the French made many 4 blades. I also looks like yours is left hand rotation, which on most engines would make it a pusher prop.
          Dave

Comment

It has badges on each blade, so i researched it and found it on this site. Theres a small part missing on the rear of the hub, would some one of possibly cut it out?

Comment

I think you need to get some close up pictures of the hub and the "badges", which I presume are decals. (Although Integrale also had a stamp embossed on some of their props.)
              Dave

Comment

Well, the decals imply that the prop was finished and the "witness marks" on the hub suggest that it was mounted on an aircraft. I think that some wood is missing from the rear of the hub, probably due to weathering rather than intentional removal.

I can't explain the absence of stamped data, other than possibly that it's just so badly weathered that the data is no longer visible. Some British 4 bladed props were stamped on the SIDE of the hub, rather than the face.
                Dave

Comment

Do you think it is wise to restore this propeller or leave as? I would like to sell it on.

Comment

Sell it as is. You can't "restore" it to anything other than an awful looking hybrid of old and new, which will decrease its value. (Don't expect its current value to be the same as a similar one in good original condition, however.)
                    Dave

Comment

would you know a rough value of the prop looking at the pictures. not expecting anything amazing. ha

Comment

It's really hard to say, as it's in very rough condition, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it sell for something in the $2000 range in the U.S. Shipping a 4 blade can be a considerable expense, especially internationally.
                        Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X