Recently found 8 foot wooden prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently found 8 foot wooden prop

Hi, I recently found a vintage wooden prop that I was told it is a Hartzell. I contacted them and they referred me to this forum. The prop is in great condition and measures a couple of inches over 8 feet long. The only identification numbers I have found is: 0\49\A on the hub. It has eight mounting holes. Any help in positively identifying this beauty would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dougspin

Thank you Doug. Could you send us a photograph of the complete propeller and close up of any decals or data on it?

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dougspin View Post
      Hi, I recently found a vintage wooden prop that I was told it is a Hartzell. I contacted them and they referred me to this forum. The prop is in great condition and measures a couple of inches over 8 feet long. The only identification numbers I have found is: 0\49\A on the hub. It has eight mounting holes. Any help in positively identifying this beauty would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dougspin
      That doesn't sound like a typical Hartzell number, even going back to some unpublished Hartzell listings that I have. Is there any other indication that Hartzell manufactured it?

Photos may help.

Comment

Hi, I was told it is a Hartzell. There are no remnants of any logos. The only ID I could find is the imprint as mentioned above. Attached are a couple of pics.

Comment

Working...
        X