looking for information on Hartzell prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for information on Hartzell prop

First of all hello to you all, I have recently come across a wooden bladed hartzell prop for sale and I am interested in possibly purchasing it. I am an aviation buff and an aircraft mechanic. Attached are a few photos (not the greatest but all I got from the seller) Id love to know some information about this prop and the aircraft it was used on.

Last edited by Mike72; 01-22-2020, 06:49 PM.

As you can probably guess, you can't tell much without some kind of part number or other identifying information, which looks like it might be obscured by rust.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      As you can probably guess, you can't tell much without some kind of part number or other identifying information, which looks like it might be obscured by rust.
      Yes, I understand. I am assuming the rusty steel plate was something used to hang or mount the propeller. The seller claims it dates from 1939-1941. wooden blades with ground adjustable hub. They are asking 500$ canadian.

Comment

My only suggestion is to try to contact Monte Chase on his website at notplanejane.com. He has a huge collection of variable pitch props and is very knowledgeable about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
          My only suggestion is to try to contact Monte Chase on his website at notplanejane.com. He has a huge collection of variable pitch props and is very knowledgeable about them.
          Thank you, I will do that.

Comment

Working...
          X