Sensenich Brothers prop 39655

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich Brothers prop 39655

My dad's cousin worked for GE during WWII. He was chief of the Airframe & Propulsion Section, Aerophysics Laboratory. He worked to help develop the jet engine. He gave my dad an old wooden prop off of his airplane. It is a 6 hole prop with: DES 76046 Ser 39655 HP 66 RPM 2550 . I could take a picture of it. From the Sensenich web site, I think it might have been manufactured between 1932 & 1942. Would anyone have anymore information on it. I wished I had talked with Linn Gore about his experiences before he died. Unfortunately, I was too busy being a dumb kid. There is a "2" on the back side in the bolt hole area.

A picture may be very helpful. If you need help posting them here just email them to me and I'll be glad to include them in your post. Use the email button at the bottom of this message.

In the design number DES 76046, are you certain the middle character is an 0 and not maybe a C?

Lamar

Comment

I'm guessing that maybe the "O" in the drawing number is actually a "C", although I wasn't able to find either letter with those numbers on the Sensenich site. I don't find many matches for other 76" props either. Maybe a picture would help.

P.S. I took the liberty of removing your email address from your post, not because we don't want anyone to write to you but because spam harvesting bots will get it and send you more spam than you may already be getting. You can add it back if you want.
      Dave

Comment

Thanks for taking my email address out of the post. I'm pretty sure the "O" is not a "C". The prop measures out 77 inches long wih cloth on the ends & brass leading edges. I will try to get some pictures taken tomorrow. I appreciate the input.

Images added by Lamar

Comment

Looks like a climb prop for a Luscombe 8A with a Continental A-65 65 hp engine. I'd say the prop is circa 1939 or 1940.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
          X