Propeller Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Identification

This has been hanging in my family's restaurant for longer then anyone can remember so it's in some rough shape. It's been abused by years of smoking and is extremely dirty. I've looked through the identification pages and I can't seem to find out what type this is, though I do think it is an early type, please move the post if you don't agree.

Some measurements are:

Bolt holes: 1/2"
    Bolt hole circle:6 11/16"
    Hub: 7"
    Length 8'4"

Here are a few pictures to go along:

Let me know if you need anything else picture or measurement wise. Thank you for any help you can give.

There are stampings around the hub that might identify it. You might need to use a magnifying glass and hold the light at an angle to be able to read them. Sometimes rubbing the area with linseed oil will help as well.
    Dave

Comment

The prop has a German look to it and is probably made from laminations of mahogany and ash or elm. I don't recognise the makers decal. I would much appreciate some details of what those letters are stamped on the hub. I'm trying to put a book together on WWI props and yours might be one that I haven't come across before. What country are you in?

With regards,

Bob
      www.aeroclocks.com
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

The prop has a German look to it and is probably made from laminations of mahogany and ash or elm. I don't recognise the makers decal. I would much appreciate some details of what those letters are stamped on the hub. I'm trying to put a book together on WWI props and yours might be one that I haven't come across before. What country are you in?

Has the tip of the prop been cut off and stuck back on again? That too has the look of German de-commissioning in 1919.

With regards,

Bob
        www.aeroclocks.com
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
        X