Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Fokker propeller from KNIL army

Hi There,

I have recently bought half a wooden propeller mounted on a heavy mahogany base. The story behind the prop as told by the seller:

His grandfather was on this Fokker airplane that made a crash landing somewhere in the Dutch East Indies in 1938. He was on board as the radio officer and since the propeller was broken in half, he took the remaining half home as a souvenir of his crash. There is damage on the top of the propeller which is covered by a custom made (tin) sheet that slides over the top. There is a hole in this covering sheet to show the small damage. On the little spike on top of this sheet there used to be a model of the actual plane. This has been lost as have all the information on the sellers grandpa when they left the Dutch Indies. I have done some research and I belief it could very well have been from one of two Fokker F.VIIa/b3m's as used by the Airforce in the Dutch Indies.

I would really like to find out exactly from which model this propeller came and what kind of value it has. Any help is much appreciated!

Best,

Jacob
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Attached Files

It's a left hand thread, for starters. I don't know anything about the aircraft, but if you find photos of it look to see which way the propeller turns.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X