Airboat Propeller... who made it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airboat Propeller... who made it?

I bought a wooden propeller about 20 years ago (1990). I don't recall how much I paid for it, but certainly too much. Attached are pictures.

The inside center has the identifying numbers "AA7588". I contacted the Sensenich company who said it was probably an airboat propeller but said they didn't make it. The people I bought it from didn't know anything about it but said it had been on their wall for years. I'm not sure they told me the truth, but it is a very pretty propeller.

Can you determine who would have made this? What year was it made? Is there a market for stuff like this?
    Attached Files

It looks like an airboat propeller. I've got a few catalogs at home that I can check to see if the numbers mean anything. I won't have access to them for a few days though.
    Dave

Comment

Unlike aircraft propellers which are closely regulated by the FAA, airboat props are unregulated. Therefore, there have been many different manufacturers over the years and many makers have seemed to have just disappeared without a trace. In other words, you may never know.

Comment

Working...
      X