Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help ID my prop

Hello from Ft Leavenworth KS!

I recently recevied an old wooden propeller from my grandmother; my grandfather had "dinged" it during a high-wind taxi incident many moons ago. As a 14-year Air force flyer, I've been salivating over it for some time now...Sadly, my grandfather passed a few years ago, and I can't remember what type a/c he was in at the time.

It's a 70" wooden prop w/ brass leading edges, canvas patches and Aeronca/Sensenich stickers on each blade. There are 6 hub mount holes, 2 of which are aligned with the blade axis. The serial number (?) on the hub is L2985.

I'll take any and all input--this is a neat site!

Chris

Follow up info

After reading more messages in these forums, I looked again at my prop and noticed on the back of the hub:
    Model 72C-42 (The 4 was blurred, might be an A?)
    Ser No L2985

Thanks!
    Chris

Comment

It should measure 72 inches, based on the design number. It was used on a variety of aircraft with a 65 hp Continental engine, including the Piper Cub and many others.

Lamar Bevil has neatly organized a huge list of drawing numbers for a variety of manufacturers. Here's the Sensenich list. http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm
      Dave

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you Chris for your selfless service to our country.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all of the good information!

Comment

Working...
            X