Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID of Flottorp propeller

Hi:

I have just acquired a Flottorp propeller that is 74" long, 6" wide, and 3" in depth. There is a Des. #740CIA-50, TC #802, PC #4. It has 6 holes in the center (don't know the name of the part). It also has brass protector from the ends for 26" toward the center (about 3/4 of the length on each end).

Can you tell me what kind of plane this was used on and the era?

This item is very interesting to my since I live in GR.

Kathy

Sorry Kathy but I have no information on that specific Flottorp prop.

Lamar

Comment

I'll try to look up the type certificate number when I'm at my home. It might lead you in the right direction at least.
      Dave

Comment

Flottorp propeller

Thank you for checking. Any info I can get would be helpful.

Comment

Well, all I could find is that type certificate covered several different models of Flottorp propellers, but they all appear to have expired September 3, 1948.

I couldn't find anything about that particular propeller and what it was intended for.
          Dave

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Flottorp Prop Identification

Kathy.
              This propeller was Type Certificated for a Cessna 140 airplane with a C-85 Continental engine. The P4 is the "Production Certificate" number but I think you are missing two numbers. If the prop has been refinished then they could have been sanded out due to the location on the hub. Univar owned the rights to make Flottorp propellers but I don't know the exact years. Their Production Certificate number was 406. I have a lot of info on Flottorp but it is taking a while to go through it all. I have some great pictues of the factory in Grand Rapid of workers making the propellers.

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X