Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch wooden prop....

Hi there,

just new on the forum. Last year I bought a wooden propeller through the internet. As most people I also would like to know which planes it used to be attachted to (if possible). I wrote down the markings on the hub. I hope it is enough to indentify. I also enclosed a couple of pictures, taken by the previous owner.

on the hub and clearly readable:

" MODEL V "

" 260 PK MERCEDES "

" SPOED 175 NAAF VIII "

It's written in Dutch.
    (naaf= hub, spoed=pitch?, PK=HP)

on the other side of the hub the are on two sides two circular stamps.
    It's a circle within written:

quite large a "W" with something like a crown or small (olympicisch) circles or something like that above it.
    On the left side there's a "19" and at the other side a "17".

in the top of the circle there's a word written but only the last half is still visible: ".....RUG" (proberly a city)

The hub has six holes and the tips are (red) copper plated.

Overall lenght is: 320 cm.

That's all the info I have. I wonder if any of you can help me to identify this propeller.

I'm looking forward to your replies!

greetings,

Roland Koster

Hi,

It was very probably made in NL for the German forces during WW1. The 'W' and crown mark is probably the German airworthiness stamp.

I have no record of Fokker using the 260ps Mercedes engine. The sheathing suggests that it is from a seaplane or a pusher. The word ending ...rug is very probably EDELDRUG indicating a pusher prop.

Few German aircraft used a pusher configuration. One that was equipped with this Mercedes 260ps engine was the Gotha GV bomber.

Bob Gardner
    www.aeroclocks.com
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
    X