wooden propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wooden propeller

My son found a wooden propeller from US propeller in his garage. the ser#AZ 455. Model # 22048G. The numbers on the rear of the prop are 276 17 and again AZ455. It is approx 44-45 Inches in length with red tips. Would like some info pertaining to this item. (use, age, value,etc) Thanks - Daryl

A variation of this prop. They are fairly common.
    Dave

Comment

44" diameter wood propeller with red tips

This propeller was used on a target drone for gunnery practice and was made by Sensenich Propeller Lititz, Pa. and possibly other propeller manufacturers under licence from Northrup Corp. Many were shipped to a US Army or Air
      Force base in the Arizona desert for gunnery practice. The red tip paint was covered by special mil spec. Obviously, many of the props had a short lifespan. G. Sensenich, second generation and a former owner of Sensenich Propeller.

Comment

"G"

Welcome to the forum!

It's always nice to hear from someone who is/was actually involved in the propeller manufacturing business. I've been collecting them now for about 30 years, but I've got a lot to learn about them. I'd love to hear some more about the Sensenich company, if you ever get a little extra time . . .

Dave
        Dave

Comment

Welcome to the Forums Mr. "G". I echo Dave's post above. I too would love to hear from you about your company.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
          X