Wooden Post-WW2 Drone Propeller Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Post-WW2 Drone Propeller Identification

Hi, I was hoping that some one on this forum would be able to help me with a pair of wooden propellers that have been in my family. They were apparently manufactured by a company called "Radioplane," though they do not say that anywhere on the propeller. At the hub the identification marks are "380-22" and below that, "818Z." Any help with identification and valuation is appreciated. Thanks.

It also occurs to me that you may wish to know the size of this propeller. It's four feet in length and the diameter of the hole in the hub is two and a quarter inches with six smaller holes for bolts around it. The propeller is three and one quarter inches thick and made of four plys of a somewhat ruddy blond wood.

Comment

At this point, that's going to be difficult. I am not aware of any database containing the drawing numbers for UAV props, nor would I even know where to look. I keep hoping that someone will dig one up somewhere and post it here, as UAV props do show up frequently.
      Dave

Comment

Well that's too bad. So I guess this will likely remain a mystery. Any notion of value for such a propeller without any idea of what its for other than a UAV?

Comment

It's hard to say, especially without seeing it. I haven't seen many 4 blade UAV props, assuming that's what it is, but I would think that would get a higher price than the more common 2 blade ones. Checking for sales on eBay is your best guide, although I haven't done that in a while. In the past I've seen them sell in the $100 to $300 range, if in good condition. It's very hard to tell, though, especially in this market.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X