Help identify vintage airplane propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify vintage airplane propeller

I cant seem to find anyone who would be able to identify a very old propeller in good condition that i found in my grand fathers barn, i dont know much at all about it except that it is a 100 H.P. Curtis-Lang and it is 8 ft. 3 in. in lengh with brass tips, 8 bolt pattern, lots of egraved markings on hub area,and seems to date about 1920-25. Can anyone help? I've had trouble trying to post pictures of it on this site, if anyone would like to view them i can give you my personal email and they can be viewed. Thanks all, Falcon.

(Editing post to include pictures - MWP_Lamar)

I could not find the drawing number (80 in any of my limited references, and it might be hard to identify any other way. It's a little unusual in that it is a left hand prop. Did you check the hub dimensions? You might be able to narrow it down to a specific engine, which would be a start.

See http://www.woodenpropeller.com/Hubmeasure.html for instructions and link to dimension chart.
    Dave

Comment

The only Curtis engined prop with a diameter of 2500mm that I know of is from the 90hp OX engine which powered the JN3 and the Maurice Farman This had a drg no of AD587.

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

(Submitted by Falcon in another thread.)

Center bore diameter is 2 in. Bolthole circle is 5 1/4 in. Diameter of hub is 6 in. No. of boltholes is 8 total. Hub diameter is 4 5/16. Overall lengh of prop is 98 3/4 in. thanks, falcon.
        Dave

Comment

(Submitted by Falcon in another thread.)

Center bore diameter is 2 in. Bolthole circle is 5 1/4 in. Diameter of hub is 6 in. No. of boltholes is 8 total. Hub diameter is 4 5/16. Overall lengh of prop is 98 3/4 in. thanks, falcon.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X