Auxilliary Propeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxilliary Propeller?

I'd appreciate any help in identifying this prop. As you will see from the photo's, it is a small one measuring 20" from tip to tip, max width of the blade is 2 7/8", the centre boss 2 1/2". It is not laminated as I would expect nor stamped and appears to be made from pine, quite nicely made and the centre boss very nicely turned. However the rear of the centre boss bears some remaining paint lettering of which I can make out ...HAVI... De Havilland? maybe? I seem to remember various machines having auxilliary props to drive onboard systems? Could this be one or maybe I'm wasting your time and it's from a Pedalcar/aircraft? I'd very much appreciate any help you can give and thanks for your time and the informative site.

There were lots of small auxillary props for a variety of uses, like generators, pumps, etc. They are hard to narrow down to a specific use. Most of the ones I've seen that were used for that purpose did have numbers stamped into the wood, and painting of the tips is unusual for that use.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X