Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAV Prop

Howdy all,

Just ran across a semi-old looking wooden propeller. From the research I've done it's from a UAV, it's 42" from tip to tip. There's a label on it that says "Globe Corporation Aircraft Division Joliet, Illinois" It also has some identifying marks stamped on it: 36 P 4 Model 6, 276 G-15, SER 1214.
    I found a lot of stuff about 36 P 4 Model 6, but nothing similar looking or with similar other marks/company information.
    I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me. A friend wants to buy it and I have no idea what it is to research price.

John

To my knowledge no one has a list of UAV models and propellers. Value depends on condition, but even then there is no "market value" as such. You can check on eBay to see what similar ones have sold for over time, but none of them are particularly "rare and collectible", as far as I know.
    Dave

Comment

My dad has a wooden propeller. stamped U.S. Propellers Inc 1 Also has numbers 22008 and Ser. A W860. Anyone have an idea of what it is and how old it is?
      Thanks - Amy

Comment

The Globe aircraft division of Joliet, Illinois manufactured target drones for the military during and for some time after World War 2. Your propeller was from one of these drones. It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Comment

Working...
        X